What I want for Christmas
Christmas... Yeah, one week from Christmas and here I am wondering if I even know what Christmas means. Christ- mas is obvious, it's about someone named Christ who came to this earth. He was born in a stable because there was no room in the inn. Something about an angel? Hmmmm... yeah, well, I do know the story and I'm sure you do. I could probably recite it. I've heard it ever since I was a baby. We read it every Christmas before gifts. Actually we probably read the Christmas story three times each year. One time at Kramer's, one at Rexford's, and one at our house. I know everything there is to know about the Christmas "story". The fact is... I take it for granted. I don't understand even a little bit what Christ had to sacrifice to come to our filthy sin-infested world. I can't imagine. So this is my prayer, this is what I want for Christmas:
Lord Jesus, my Savior, Messiah,
I love you so much, you sustain me,
Lord, what would have happened if you wouldn't have come?
What if you came and started asking for the credit you deserve?
Lord, why us?
Explain to me why, how..
Help me to know fully what it cost. Help me, every day, to know better and better the boundless endless love that you have for us. You loved us so much that you came, fully knowing that you were going to be killed by the people you came to save. How could such a holy God come into our world. With a welcome? No. A few shepherds, but THAT'S IT! God, tell me, help me understand your sacrifice. Help me to appreciate completely what you gave up to save...me. This is what I want for Christmas, to not take your sacrifice for granted anymore.

1 Comments:
Hey Laura. You are an awesome kid! Really! You may not be the "life-of-the-party" kind of girl, but you are definitely someone worth looking up to, someone worth talking deep with, someone who is impacting more people than you know.
I love you. WOWMOM
Post a Comment
<< Home