Saturday, December 4

Me

This sounds like a horribly selfish title which in fact, it is quite self-absorbed, but not selfish.. you'll see what I mean. Ok, here's the deal. Do you ever feel worthless sometimes, maybe it's physically or academically or maybe even you feel worthless as far as your personality. Well I'm afraid I sometimes feel the former and the latter of the three... especially, but the middle as well... now, I'm not asking for sympathy or reassurance. Listen to what I have to say as a girl who is trying to find her place in life... maybe you can learn something from the incompetent mind of a somewhat "worthless" child.
Okay, I'm shy, quiet, when I want to brag about myself I say that I'm a "good listener" which may be true, sometimes.... when I'm not absorbed in feeling sorry for my lack of "talent" what is talent? or my lack of "people skills"... maybe my endless failing to be outgoing and "everybody's friend" has gotten me down, I don't know. Either way I feel worthless. Yeah, you're probably sitting there thinking "this girl's depressed"... well... maybe I am. I don't think so though... I don't think so.
I know people love me. My parents love me, my sisters love me, my grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, great-grandparents. Most of all I know that God loves me. But is that enough? Why am I constantly feeling the need to impress? Is it maybe because I've disregarded the love that The King has for me? Is the reason that I'm "shy" (some of you know me better than that, but in bigger groups I'm definately not the "life of the party") because I'm holding back in order not to mess up? Do I reallly understand the depth of the boundless, endless, complete, love that My Daddy has for me? Why isn't it enough? Why do I feel worthless?
Aha! Maybe you've guessed it! I think I might have... You see, God's message is life, love, and peace. He holds out his love for the whole world to grasp and that's what we have done as Christians. God's love should be enough for us. Yes, but that where the culprit comes in, Satan. He tries to destroy that love. HE tries to tell us that it isn't enough. He has saturated our society with the desire to be the best. He plasters pictures of people with perfect bodies and faces all through our media and the "Strong, independent, multi-talented, popular, sweet, drop-dead gorgeous wonder-woman who makes guys mouths hang open" is a position which most girls covet. So, for those of us less fortunate, we resort to hating ourselves, our lives, our personality, our bodies, and our talents.
Ok, so this is an area in which I need to work on, MAJORLY!!! With God's help I know I can do it... So to y'all, you can pray for me, definately! And of course, I hope you didn't get board with my hopeless dragging on and on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home