If you have not love....
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angles, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If i give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Wow!!! That verse really convicted me the other day. I have big dreams of doing stuff for God, having enormous faith, giving to the poor, even dying for him. I think that at this point in my life I would be ready to die for God, but that's not enough. That's not even ANYTHING!! It doesn't matter. If I don't have love, if it's not love that's driving me, motivating me, then I am nothing. I gain nothing. It amounts to NOTHING.

1 Comments:
That whole chapter is awesome. It's a good one to memorize.
Andrew Asdell
Post a Comment
<< Home